3800 Cornucopia Way
Modesto, CA 95358
San Joaquin County
SpecialtyDairy - Merced, Stanislaus & San Joaquin Counties
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Dairy Cattle / Milk / Other Dairy Prod
- Silage and Green Chop
- Animals and Their Systems
- Animal Production
- Nutrient Utilization in Animals
- Animal Management Systems
- Martins, J.P.; Karle, Betsy (2019). Needs assessment for cooperative extension dairy programs in California. Journal of Dairy Science. 102:8, 7597-7607.
- Miller, Christine; Heguy, Jennifer (2019). Optimizing accuracy of sampling protocols to measure nutrient content of solid manure. Waste Management. 85, 121-130.
- Miller, C.M.; Fadel, J.G. (2018). Optimizing accuracy of protocols for measuring dry matter and nutrient yield of forage crops. Science of the Total Environment. 624, 180-188.
Heguy, J.M., D. Meyer, and N. Silva-del-Rio. 2016. A survey of silage management practices on California dairies. Journal of Dairy Science, 99:1649-1654
Robinson, P.R., N. Swanepoel., J.M. Heguy, P.L. Price, D. Meyer. 2016. 'Shrink' losses in comercially sized corn piles: quantifying total losses and where they occur. Science of the Total Environment, 542, Part A: 530-539.
Robinson, P.R., N. Swanepoel., J.M. Heguy, P.L. Price, D. Meyer. 2016. 'Shrink' losses, and where they occur, in commerically sized silage piles constructued from immature and mature cereal crops. Science of the Total Environment, 559: 45-52.
Cassinerio, C.A., J.G. Fadel, J.Asmus, J.M. Heguy, S.J. Taylor, and E.J. DePeters. 2015. Tomato seeds as a novel byproduct feed for lactating dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 98:4811-4828.
Heguy, J.M., C.A. Cassinerio, J.G. Fadel, J. Asmus, S.J. Taylor and E.J. DePeters. 2015. Nutrient composition and total tract apparent digestibility of whole tomato seeds by sheetp. Professional Animal Scientist, 31: 462-466.
Meyer, D.M., P.H. Robinson, P.L. Price, and J.M. Heguy. 2015. Determination of silage face surface area on commercial California dairy farms. Grass and Forage Science. doi: 10.1111/gfs.12160